Friday, June 29, 2012

June 29

So who of you are looking forward to PlayStation's upcoming game, PlayStation All-Stars? I definitely am. I know it sounds dumb, but it looks wonderfully cheesy and seems like it'll be a blast when it comes out. I need a game that looks fun, engaging, but totally un-serious. Then again, I'd probably buy NFS: Most Wanted or Assassins Creed III: Liberation first. Or Black Ops, but that sounds seriously overrated.

Gravity Rush

I'm sure many of you have heard of Gravity Rush, if you own a Vita and you haven't heard of Gravity Rush, you either have no life, no internet, or a little bit of both. Now, whether you like it or not is entirely up to you. But I will say that if you do have it, you probably will like it.

Gravity Rush is the best Vita title to date. It has a fun and engaging storyline if you have time to sit down and play for a while, and it also has plenty of minigames to keep you occupied if you are rushed for time. The graphics are incredible, the world is huge, and there's plenty of things to do. It's what the Vita is about: a console experience in your hand, on the go.

Only one thing in my mind holds it back, and it is the reason I don't play it anymore: when you're finished, you're finished. There's nothing else left to do. Sure it's amusing to toss people off the edge into oblivion, but you can only do that so much before it gets boring. I have platinum for the main game already, so really there's not much else to do besides competing in leaderboards for minigames or beating your own previous high scores. That's also the limit of multiplayer in the game.

Thumbs up to any coming DLC. Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card, so I can't buy any DLC until I get a PSN gift card, and none are available near me right now. T_T

Oh and a thought struck me the other day... All of the haters of the PS Vita (and of all Sony consoles for that matter) don't own one. And everyone that does own one is either neutral or is a fanboy. Even people who own both an Xbox and a PS3 tend to lean toward the PS3, although I do not approve of such rich people wasting their money. Go buy food for the homeless, not buy a useless second console to do exactly the same things as the first. (Sell your Xbox. Heh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment